MY ETSY SOAP SHOP. CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO VIEW AND PURCHASE

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's been a few days, hasn't it?

Sorry it's been so long, but life got in the way. Husbands, doctors, housekeeping, pets, fixing food to eat (I'm a great cook, but I hate it. Go figure.) I was sure that my days would smooth out after tax season was over, but all of the things that were put off until then came due. Maybe next week.

I am trying to remember where I left off! Oh, the icky colored soap turned out fine after all. As every soapmaker knows, what you see is not necessarily what you get. Smells yummy, too. Now I just have to wait for it to age.

I just made my first sale to Australia. My shipping rates were "pie in the sky" estimates and I've underestimated a bit. I hate to charge more, but it looks like I'll have to. I love it when someone buys from me. I love making my soaps and balms and I can't wait for the customer to try them. It's like sending off a little bit of me.

Well, I have to go. I hear that food is a necessary component of life and it appears that I need to go prepare some.
Talk you to soon.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on the first Australia order! That's really cool.

Shipping internationally is always a shocker for me too. =( But, when you think of the logistics the package needs to go through to make it to a foreign country, it makes a little more sense.

Judy said...

You are right, anne-marie, and it's strange that I can do the math for batch sizes and necessary supplies, but when it comes to the USPS website I dumb down. I try to figure it out, but I think that because I REALLY don't want to, my brain takes a hike. I always forget to take my packaging into account, too. But, NO MORE! I am going to be Ms. Efficiency as well as Ms. Soapmaker! I hope. LOL